Tiago Caiado Guerreiro
Main Practice Areas
Portuguese, English, French, Spanish
Tiago Caiado Guerreiro heads the Tax department, leading the team in matters regarding international taxation and tax planning, stamp duty, tax inspections, VAT, administrative and judicial tax litigation, regulatory charges and tax arbitration. Tiago Caiado Guerreiro has assisted both national and multinational large companies in restructuring operations related to different taxes and issues involving the application of double taxation treaties and European Tax Law. As part of his activity, he has also actively worked on transfer pricing (both drafting agreements and litigating), on derivatives and financial products and securitization.
He is also member of the Scientific Board of the Chartered Accountants Chamber, of the Scientific Board of the Forum for Competitiveness and of the VAT Club. Additionally, he acts a tax arbitrator, is a Portuguese Bar Association juror for the Tax Expert Assessment and he is also an arbitrator at the Centre for Administrative Arbitration, where he has taken part in several arbitrations.
Tiago Caiado Guerreiro is a member of the Portuguese Industry Board, in the Confederation of Portuguese Business (CIP), being responsible for the Corporate Taxation and Competitiveness Working Group.
He is frequently invited to national and international conferences as a speaker and is also a regular commentator on the most well-known television channels such as RTP, SIC and TVI.
- Course in Strategic Negotiations at Harvard Business School, Harvard University, 2002
- Postgraduate degree in Management and Taxation at Instituto de Estudos Superiores Financeiros e Fiscais, 1997
- Degree in Law from Universidade Lusíada, 1993
- Partner and Head of the Tax Department at Caiado Guerreiro, since 1999
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Chamber of Commerce Portugal-India
- Chairman of the Instituto das Sociedades de Advogados, 2020
- Vice president of the Associação Portuguesa de Proprietários (APPROP), 2018
- Visiting Professor of the subject of Taxation of Financial Institutions in the Post-Graduation in Management of Banks and Insurance Companies at the Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestão – ISEG – IDEFE, 2011-2020
- Visiting Professor of the subject of Tax Benefits in the Postgraduate Course and Master in Tax Law at the Faculty of Law of the University of Porto, 2007-2010
- Visiting Professor of the subject of Taxation of Real Estate in the Executive Master in Management and Real Estate Finance, at the Instituto Superior de Ciências do Trabalho e Empresas – Instituto Universitário de Lisboa (ISCTE-IUL), 2007-2009
- Recommended in the area of Tax Law | Chambers and Partners
- Recommended in the areas of Dispute Resolution and Tax Law | Legal 500
- Author of the book “O Novo Regime Fiscal das SGPS”, published by Vida Económica
- Portuguese Bar Association
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB) – São Paulo
- International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- International Tax Planning Association Portuguese Tax Association
- Scientific Council of the Câmara dos Técnicos Oficiais de Contas
- Scientific Council of the Forum for Competitiveness Vat Club
- Council of Portuguese Industry – coordinator of working group 9 – “taxation and business competitiveness
- Supervisory Board of the Portuguese-Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Supervisory Board of SEDES – Association for Economic and Social Development
- Fiscal Council of the Portuguese Association of Resorts