Ricardo Costa Macedo
Main Practice Areas
Portuguese, English, French, Spanish
Ricardo Costa Macedo heads the Intellectual Property and Life Sciences groups at Caiado Guerreiro. His practice covers a wide range of contentious and non-contentious patent, trademark, design and other Intellectual Property related rights, such as trade secrets and unfair competition, in particular in the pharmaceutical, home care, food and insurance sectors.
Ricardo Costa Macedo graduated from the Faculty of Law of the Catholic University of Lisbon, in 1998. He undertook postgraduate studies in Information Society Law, at the Faculty of Law of the University of Lisbon, in 2000, and in Commercial Law, at the College of Law, London, in 2003.
He is admitted to the Portuguese Bar Association and regularly publishes in matters relating to his fields of expertise.
- Postgraduate Studies in Commercial Law College of Law, London, 2003
- Postgraduate studies in Information Society Law Faculty of Law of the University of Lisboa, 2000
- Law Degree Faculty of Law of the Catholic University of Lisbon, 1998
- Partner at Caiado Guerreiro, since 2006
- Visiting foreign Lawyer at Davenport Lyons, 2003
- Associate Lawyer at Caiado Guerreiro, 2000-2006
- Trainee Lawyer at Abreu Cardigos & Associados, 1998-2000
- 2022 – Intelectual Property Law in Portugal | Best Lawyers
- 2022 – Recommended in IP litigation and Technology | Leaders League
- 2021 – Intelectual Property Law in Portugal | Best Lawyers
- 2020 – Intelectual Property Law in Portugal | Best Lawyers
- 2020 – Recommended for: “accuracy in the work provided; commitment to the clients’ requests and needs; clarity in the necessary explanations; availability and promptness” | Legal 500
- 2020 – Recommended in IP litigation and Technology | Leaders League
- 2019 – Valued by: “accuracy, commitment and clarity” | Legal 500
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- of the European Lawyers Association (ELA)
- Portuguese Bar Association (Ordem dos Advogados)
- Board of Directors of APCSD – Associação Portuguesa de Cuidados de Saúde ao Domicílio